Popular Posts

Monday, May 14, 2012

Assalamu Alaikum, Salams, WAKAS, wsalams

I'm doing an Islamic course through an online program. The classes are conducted through a virtual room. It's really very good, we have awesome teachers with whom we ponder about how easy Arabic is (not).....and about the weirdest scenarios of every Fiqh-y Masa'il :)


So anyway...last night we were waiting for our teacher to come to class, and my friend brought up the question as to whether simply typing "salam" in reply to a Salam in enough. When we type it, are we really intending to? Or are we just typing it out of habit? Do we actually SAY it? And so before class we had this all out debate as to whether just writing it gives us that reward that saying it does...because when you type it, no one really hears it..but then again, if you say it, the person your are replying to doesn't hear it....what a dilemma... :P

 One brother replied that when you type it, you may not say it out loud, but you ARE making that intention to reply to the Salam, and every action is based on intention right? <--- that BTW is in Sahih Bukhari... I officially learned that in my classes too ;)


Ever since then (which isn't too long), I make a point now to SAY Assalamu Alaikum or Wa'Alaikum Assalam as I'm writing it. After all, when you actually look at the words, and the meaning of the greeting, it's a pretty deep D'ua you're making for that person. Are you Actually actually making that D'ua as you greet someone? Or has it just become habit now?



If someone is saying those words to me, I hope they reallyyy mean it, because sometimes I need that peace,  and I Alwayss need that Rahma from Allah (SWT) :) 


Loving you all for the sake of ALLah (SWT)  :D
        Assalamu Alaikum!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment